The 6th Faculty level quality assurance meeting was held on the 24th August 2017 at 11.00 a.m. in the board room with the participation of 11 staff members
The coordinator FQAC announced that a room is being renovated for the FQAC. Furniture need to be purchased. The printer was purchased. Awaiting the receipt of the desktop computer from IQAU funds.
Prof. Faseeha Noordeen, coordinator of criterion 8 explained the standards under the criterion. The current status in relation to meeting these standards and also ways and means to address the gaps were presented. The participants took part in a discussion and identified areas for which, faculty policies need to be in place.
The areas to agree on faculty policies in relation to criterion 8 were as follows
1. Faculty policy on research and development - undergraduates , staff , reward system
2. Faculty policy on industry partnerships for research and innovations
3. Collaborative work by UG students and staff
4. Credit transfer system – whether a mechanism is in place
5. Electives and opportunities for staff and students to obtain experiences in different work places – a lot of reference to world of work and industry
6. Fall back system- for students who are unable to complete the degree program
Following aspects were highlighted
Recording of clinical trials carried out by faculty staff, innovations by staff and students, income generation by departments and details of usage of earned funds for faculty development
The Department of community Medicine was requested to pay attention to maintaining the documents in relation to student research project - plagiarism policy , requirements and examination regulations
Record keeping on extracurricular activities oragnised by students- responsibility student affairs committee
Facilities made available by each department for supplementary learning - use of reusable learning objects and use of elearning platform for teaching learning.
Consider hospital training as equivalent to industry training, add community training opportunities and different types of hospitals. Design innovative learning opportunities.