To Produce scientifically trained, socially responsible, compassionate doctors and instill in them a spirit of inquiry and learning.
who would contribute to the body of knowledge in medicine and allied fields in a meaningful manner.
help serve the immediate and long term medical and social needs of our society.
- In relation to the International Elders’ Day celebration 2023. Prof. Chandrika Jayasinghe was honoured with a special award for the special services rendered to improve the health of elderly people
- The Faculty of Medicine Debating team has won the Championship at the Inter-University Debate competition organized by CFPS Law School. Members: Melaka Jude, Thisari Wewalage.
Team B members: Sivathasan Kavidha, Afka Niyas, Sajini Boyagoda.
Acting Head Nomination Form
Recent Research and Publications
- The paper titled ‘Changes of attention-related brain activity over 6 months after acute organophosphate pesticide poisoning: a prospective follow-up study’ authored by Prof. Tharaka Dassanayake, Prof. Vajira Weerasinghe, Prof. Indika Gawarammana and Prof. Nicholas Buckley was awarded the best publication at the 2023 Annual Sessions of the Ceylon College of Physicians.
- Dr. Samidi Navaratna has published a book on “An Introduction to Systematic Reviews in Health Care”. for undergraduates and Postgraduates.
- Vol. 13 No. 2 of the Sri Lanka Journal of Forensic Medicine, Science & Law was published on the Sri Lanka Online Journals (https://sljfmsl.sljol.info/) platform on 16th December 2022.
- Dr. Eranthi Samarakoon has published a book on Clinical Principles of Gynaecology for undergraduates and Postgraduates
- Dr. Chamara Dalugama has published a book, “Handbook of Medical Emergencies for Medical Students and Practitioners”.
- Prof. Asiri Abeygunawardena and his team have published a book, “Concise Textbook of Pediatrics”.
- Prof. Chaminda Kandauda has published a book; “Basic Essentials in Obstetrics and Gynaecology for Peripheral Care Units.”
- Prof. Arinda Dharmapala delivered the KSM Health Research Price Oration of the KSM on the 8th of September 2022.
Departments / Units / Centers