To Produce scientifically trained, socially responsible, compassionate doctors and instill in them a spirit of inquiry and learning.
who would contribute to the body of knowledge in medicine and allied fields in a meaningful manner.
help serve the immediate and long term medical and social needs of our society.
- The Faculty of Medicine, University of Peradeniya, won 1st place from the Inter-University Internal Medicine Quiz, organized by the Sri Lanka College of Internal Medicine (SLCIM) See More
- The Paediatric Inter-university Quiz was won by the Faculty of Medicine Peradeniya.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Committee of the Faculty of Medicine held a workshop on Peer Observation of Teaching/Learning activities on the 28th of October 2022. See More
- A half day workshop on “Undergraduate Mentoring and Active Listening” was held at the Medical Education Department Auditorium, for the academic staff of the Faculty of Medicine, University of Peradeniya on the 18th of October 2022. See More
Felicitation Ceremony for Prof. A.J. Jayasinghe and Prof. P.V.R. Kumarasiri
Manigala Hike - Organized by Medical Faculty Sports Society
World Restart a Heart Day
Peradeniya Medical School 1st Annual Research Conference (PeMSARC'22)
2020/2021 – Research Publication Awards
Global Health Emerging Leaders Program - Sri Lanka 2022
Achieving University Excellence through Research
New Covid Guidlines
Recent Research and Publications
- A Special Issue of the Sri Lanka Journal of Forensic Medicine, Science & Law on Medico-Legal Death Investigation Systems was published on the Sri Lanka Online Journals (https://sljfmsl.sljol.info/) platform in September 2022.
- Dr. Pabasiri Ginige was invited as the keynote Speaker at the 24th Annual Conference of ALMA from 09 – 11th September 2022, Australia. Her speech was on “Metamorphosis of Transsexualism in Sri Lanka”.
- The Research work by Miss RJBK Udapamunuwa (16/17 batch) and her team on assessing the knowledge and preventive measures against COVID-19 among school teachers in a girls schools in Kandy was selected as a poster 135th SLMA session.
- Ms. Pavani Senarathne, an M.Phil student, attached to the Department of Microbiology, has won the award for the best presenter in the postgraduate student category at the PeMSARC, for the oral presentation titled “Resident screening to assess the exposure to hantavirus infection in selected divisional secretariats of two different agroecological zones of Sri Lanka: a serological study.”
- Dr. Chamara Dalugama has published a book, “Handbook of Medical Emergencies for Medical Students and Practitioners”.
- Prof. Asiri Abeygunawardena and his team have published a book, “Concise Textbook of Pediatrics”.
- Prof. Chaminda Kandauda has published a book; “Basic Essentials in Obstetrics and Gynaecology for Peripheral Care Units.”
- Prof. Arinda Dharmapala delivered the KSM Health Research Price Oration of the KSM on the 8th of September 2022.
- Dr. Sayuri Perera was invited as one of the International Speakers at an International Webinar organized by the Royal College of Psychiatrists on 21st July 2022 regarding “Gender Inequality and its impact on Mental Health in Sri Lanka”.
Departments / Units / Centers