To Produce scientifically trained, socially responsible, compassionate doctors and instill in them a spirit of inquiry and learning.
To Contribute to the body of knowledge in medicine and allied fields in a meaningful manner.
To Help serve the Immediate and long term medical and social needs of our society.
- The first Faculty Research Congress will be held in September 2022. Dr. Samidi Nawarathne and Dr. Duminda Yasarathne were appointed as the congress co-chairs.
- The Student Research Club Faculty of Medicine was launched in March 2022
- Prof. Samath Dharmaratne has been elected as the President of the Sri Lanka Medical Association for the year 2022
- Most-Outstanding Researchers - Faculty of Medicine, Peradeniya
Vacancy Announcement - Part-time Warden, Hilda Obeysekara Hall
Temporary Research Assistant- PGIMS
Posts of Temporary Demonstrators - Department of Anatomy
PeMSARC 22 - Declaration of Intent for Abstract Submission
8th SAAP and Abstract Submission [Guidelines]
Post of Temporary Demonstrator - Nuclear Medicine Unit
Research Assistant - Faculty of Medicine, University of Colombo
Recent Research and Publications
- Prof. Heshan Jayaweera, Prof Harendra De Silva and Dr Navoda Atapattu have published a book namely “An Overview of Feeding and Nurturing Your Newborn and Infant (a Guide for Parents, General Practitioners, Students, and Others).
- Dr. A. Jayasinghe and Dr Arjuna Wijekoon have published a book “Nirvindanaya Saralawa” Waidyamaya Pilisadara.
- Prof. Kalana Maduwage and his team have published an International Research on “Indian Polyvalent Antivenom Accelerates Recovery from Venom-Induced Consumption Coagulopathy (VICC) in Sri Lanka Russell”s Viper (Daboia russelii) Envenoming: Frontiers in Medicine 9:852651. doi.: 10.3389/fmed.2022.852651.
- The KSM oration 2022, titled “ Controversies of the Gastro – Oesopaheal junction and Cardia and the role of Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux Disease”, was delivered by Prof Sulochana Wijethunga on 24th March.
- Prof. WDMTL Dassanayake has published the following publications, and the DOLs
- Dassanayake TL. The ‘Boardroom Dilemma’: a cognitive dimensional model for decision-making in academic circles. Sri Lanka Journal of Medicine. 2021;30(2):18-21. doi: http://doi.org/10.4038/sljm.v30i2.300.
- Dassanayake TL. Discipline-Centred Learning: An Integrative Model for Medical Undergraduate Education. South-East Asian Journal of Medical Education. 2021;15(2):82-4. doi: http://doi.org/10.4038/seajme.v15i2.372.
Departments / Units / Centers