To Produce scientifically trained, socially responsible, compassionate doctors and instill in them a spirit of inquiry and learning.
who would contribute to the body of knowledge in medicine and allied fields in a meaningful manner.
help serve the immediate and long term medical and social needs of our society.
- MOU was signed between the University of Peradeniya and the Wickramarachchi University of Indigenous medicine. Prof Udaya Ralapanawa facilitated this significant MOU
- The inaugural Student Leadership Programme for the batch 2020/2021, organized by the Rag Prevention Committee of the Faculty of Medicine, was held successfully on the 21st of December, 2022, with the Batch 2020/21 as the first group of participants.
- The date of commencement of the 2021/22 batch will be 30th January 2023.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Committee of the Faculty of Medicine held a workshop on Peer Observation of Teaching/Learning activities on the 28th of October 2022. See More
Simulation based workshop for healthcare staff - "Basics of Emergency Care for Peripheral Hospitals"
Felicitation Ceremony for Prof. A.J. Jayasinghe and Prof. P.V.R. Kumarasiri
Manigala Hike - Organized by Medical Faculty Sports Society
World Restart a Heart Day
Peradeniya Medical School 1st Annual Research Conference (PeMSARC'22)
Batch 2021/22 Student Notices
Posts of Temporary Demonstrator - Department of Pharmacology
New Covid Guidlines
Recent Research and Publications
- Vol. 13 No. 2 of the Sri Lanka Journal of Forensic Medicine, Science & Law was published on the Sri Lanka Online Journals (https://sljfmsl.sljol.info/) platform on 16th December 2022.
- Dr. Eranthi Samarakoon has published a book on Clinical Principles of Gynaecology for undergraduates and Postgraduates
- Dr. Thilanka Senevirathne and the team published the article 'Aeroallergen sensitisation predominate in children with atopic dermatitis' in the Journal of Paediatric dermatology- Oct- Dec 2022 Volume 23, Issue 4.
- Dr. Chanika Alahakoon has published a book on Introductory Research Methods And Data Analysis In Clinical Research
- A Special Issue of the Sri Lanka Journal of Forensic Medicine, Science & Law on Medico-Legal Death Investigation Systems was published on the Sri Lanka Online Journals (https://sljfmsl.sljol.info/) platform in September 2022.
- Dr. Chamara Dalugama has published a book, “Handbook of Medical Emergencies for Medical Students and Practitioners”.
- Prof. Asiri Abeygunawardena and his team have published a book, “Concise Textbook of Pediatrics”.
- Prof. Chaminda Kandauda has published a book; “Basic Essentials in Obstetrics and Gynaecology for Peripheral Care Units.”
- Prof. Arinda Dharmapala delivered the KSM Health Research Price Oration of the KSM on the 8th of September 2022.
- Dr. Sayuri Perera was invited as one of the International Speakers at an International Webinar organized by the Royal College of Psychiatrists on 21st July 2022 regarding “Gender Inequality and its impact on Mental Health in Sri Lanka”.
Departments / Units / Centers